2009-05-29

Lok Kawi Wildlife Park Animal Pictures...



Cheerss...

Continuing from my previous post on my outing to the wild life park in Lok Kawi recently, here's the highlights of some of the animals that can be found there.


In deep slumber...Too bad all the tigers were sleeping like this one. Kalapik ba...Hahaha


Mama's calling...It's great to be able to get a close up picture as this one with the elephants.


Eagle's pride...Standing outside the eagle's cage, I took this picture while trying to blur the cage in front.


Head and tail... Just cropped it from the original picture to this composition.

The above are just the selected ones from several pictures that I snapped that day as I only had my 18-55mm IS standard kit lens on. Snapped only a few since nothing much I can do if taking pictures from afar. Frankly for this kind of photography, it's best to use a zoom lens. Too bad I already sold my 55-250mm IS zoom lens, so I had to make the best out of it. Got a chance to try my Canon friend's Tamron 55-200mm lens, but it's not as good as my old zoom lens. It's without VC (vibration control) feature, so my pictures were not really sharp with it. Not blaming the lens, I guess I'm simply so used to the IS (image stabilization) feature on all my lenses. One needs to have steady hands to hold the non IS/VC zoom lens due to its weight while in action. But still the outing was great. Sharing ideas and tips from friends were the best part of it.

I guess my other Nikon friends were enjoying their time more there with their zoom lenses, especially my friend who just bought his Nikon D5000. The outing was his idea to get us together to try out his brand new DLSR camera. The next week, he bought himself a new zoom lens. Once you are in, photography really can be addictive and that can only means more money starts pouring out...Hahaha. Matai la gila sudah ni dia bilang...Hahaha.

I'm also is getting excited all over again and looking forward to buying new gears soon for our next outing...or perhaps an upgrade?...mmm

2 comments:

cicak said...

Nice pictures!!
Some people may look down on the kit lens. It is up to us to push it up to its limit.

I always look at other people's pictures captured with the kit lens and try to compare it with mine. I'm sure I haven't reach even 10% of its capability.

I was also thinking of selling my 55-250mm the other day but I'm having second thoughts now. The 55-250mm is a great lens and I guess I didn't realize how much I'm attached to it.

Have you tried an "L" before?

P.S: That D5000 is cute! I saw it at Fotomat today and it looks like a 'little brother' when it sits down side to side with D90.

CM said...

Thanks bro!!.. Buli la kampung2..Hehe

contrary to being budget lens, the kit lens actually produces quite sharp pictures. This is I think mostly due to the IS function that comes with it.

Keep the zoom lens as you'll never know when you'll be needing one. Visiting any wild park during this school holiday would be a great way of maximizing its zoom capability.

No, I haven't tried any 'L' lens yet. Tengok2 ja di kedai bcos shy maybe, still amateur bah ni.hahaha.