2008-12-07

Becoming a Wedding Photographer?



Me...Becoming a Wedding Photographer?.. I just laughed at the idea of it when my friend ( owner of the BROTHERHOOD) asked me to take pictures during his sister's wedding day a couple of weeks ago and I quickly declined his offer saying that I've just recently bought my DSLR camera and I'm way-way far from ready for that kind of photography yet ( baru balajar ba ni). Anyway, My friend, Steve was free to help out and he's the camera cum video man during the wedding day on 29-11-2008 recently. It was on Saturday and since I left home quite late, I drove straight from KK to the SIB Pekan Ranau Church where the wedding ceremony was being held. It was almost to end of the ceremony already when I arrived there and I only managed to take some shots while the newly wed couple made their way out of the church and returned to the bride's house at Kg. Marakau for the wedding reception. I've taken many wedding pictures with my compact camera in past but somehow I still felt like nervous a bit while taking pictures with my DSLR camera. Anyway, I just hantam saja so here's a few snap shots during the wedding day for sharing here.




On that day, I've just realized that my friend, Steve actually making some good side income from doing this part time job as a wedding photographer and he just started serious photography not too long ago. Just so happened, I was chit chatting with him when this person approached us and asking him about his service for his coming wedding day. I overheard my friend saying that his service is around RM500 like that (photos including video) and bla,bla,bla as he went on with the details of his service to the guy. Whoaa... that's really lucrative for someone who just started doing this business and looks like a pro already while explaining about his service. Unfortunately, the timing was not right as the guy's wedding date clashed with my friend's next job. So, again my friend recommended me and same thing,.. I declined also..hahaha.

No comments: