2009-07-10

Faces of Tamparuli kids...



Cheerss...

These are just some pictures of local kids that I took during my friend's recent engagement day in Tamparuli. Joining in such a wonderful trip like this one would normally comes back with a wonderful memories. Well, not entirely a smooth sailing journey as we had to cross a river by a hanging bridge (jambatan gantung) then climbing a steep hill on our way to the girl's house. We were already well warned ahead about this feat but thinking that I'm myself used to kampung life, these kinda things wouldn't be a problem. Wrong!!!...I was sweating like hell when we finally reached the girl's house...Hahaha.

It was almost noon time, the sun was shining fiercely as it should be on bright sunny day and there I was... still sweating non-stop outside the house when I spotted these kids gathering nearby a small shed or 'sulap' as i fondly like to call it. They were busy playing with each other when I made my exit and approached them to take some pictures.







The 1st picture was taken spontaneously when I reached them, 2nd picture when I asked them to pose for me and the 3rd picture was taken when I spotted these three budding tanakwagus at the house's balcony on my way back to join the engagement ceremony.

I find that taking pictures of kids is actually fun. What I like the most is their innocent expressions and sometimes candid moments as they tend to get either blurred or erratic when faced with a camera.



p/s: tanakwagu - anak muda in Malays

No comments: