2009-06-22

Rafflesia Blooming at Kg. Kokob, Ranau...



Cheerss...

Continuing from my 2nd trip to Kg. Luanti, we stopped by at Kg. Kokob, Ranau to see 'live' rafflesia flower blooming. Yes... you heard me right. IT'S RAFFLESIA...Hahaha.

Being a skeptical one, I found it's odd at first since I know this particular flower is rare due to its 'choice' of habitat and to see it blooming basically just 'around my backyard' is another rare chance hard to miss. We actually saw the banner on our way up, missed it on our way back then making a u-turn to enter the road junction going into the village.

It's my 1st time there, so I just drove through the graveled village road as we were looking left and right at the same time for anymore signboard or whatever until we saw a tourist van passing us by. It's a good sign meaning that we were on the right track and soon we saw the signboard before driving further up to the so called Taman Rafflesia.



Turned out the place just looked like any ordinary kampung house with a lot of bamboo trees at its backyard where the rafflesia is I suspected and after paying RM2.00 (local rate) to our guide (BTW his name is Jackson), we were brought to walk behind the house to see the rare flower. We saw two if I'm not mistaken, but only one is blooming. So, apalagi bergambar2 la kami buat kenang-kenangan.. Hahaha. Here's just a few snapshots of the 'live' flower itself..





No comments: