2009-04-04

Mixed Feelings...





I'm having a mixed feelings now...

I'm happy because that my once congested table is now 'free' and a little bit sadden also because I'm currently without my desktop pc anymore as I've recently 'donated' it to my youngest brother in KL for his studies. Well,... It's about time anyway since I've been saying that I would passed it to him since last year...Sorry bro, lambat...hehehe.

It just so happened that his friend was going back to KL on Thursday last week, so he smsed me whether the offer was still on. Took me a few minutes to decide before I finally said yes and then eventually made the arrangement to meet up with his friend to 'kasi kirim' the pc only with him. It wasn't easy though, as because of the short notice, I had to stay up the whole Wednesday's night till early morning to backup all my data before packing it nicely to be put into kargo. I've used up about 10 DVDs all together for my data!!!... That's a lot considering all my project drawings, pictures, downloaded movies and animes were inside there...hehehe.

Last time, a friend of mine lost his DVD rom and graphic card when he brought his pc back from Sarawak through kargo. Luckily the motherboard and CPU were still intact and basically he had to fork out money to buy those missing items afterward. Pity him for the unfortunate incident and actually there is a good lesson to be learnt from his experience. Fearing that the same might happened to my pc, I took the hard disk out and left the rest within the casing but I made sure that the box was securely taped all around...Bungkus mati punya...hehehe.

I met up with Azrun ( my brother's friend) at Terminal 2 around 6:00 am and passed him the package. Fortunately, he took the extra 20kg luggage limit when he booked his flight. So, I ended up paying nothing for the 'delivery' since his total luggage was about 16kg only altogether including mine. I jokingly informed him to ask for 'belanja' from my brother once he arrived in KL for all his help ( My brother is waiting for him there at KLIA). Thanks man....were my last words as I bid him farewell and I was glad when I recieved sms later that day from my brother saying that everything was OK.

So, I'm stucked with my laptop as my workstation and blogging platform from now on... It will be quite some time when I'll be buying a new desktop again. Maybe wait until I move to my new house.... :)

2 comments:

cicak said...

Sure it's hard to backup data in a short time. And the laptop is not as 'tough' as the desktop PC right?

Eh! I have the same 'sand gecko' like yours. But mine is green. :P

Wel^Beiolman said...

haha..buat amal la kadang2 ba..haha..