2008-11-23

Nabalu Little Blue Stalls



Yesterday, I finally balik kampung to my hometown, Ranau after previously having to cancel my trip twice due to my work commitment here in KK. I was planning to go back on Friday night after work but changed my mind because of the heavy rain. So I made my journey back early in the morning while the rain was still drizzling out side. Along my journey, I stopped at Pekan Nabalu to take a break and just walked around the area for some fresh mountain air. Unless I need to go to the toilet or buy something to eat, I rarely stopped during my trip as I really hate to chase back all the cars I've left behind (especially if there are lorries along the way) but this time since I was not in a hurry, so I just take my sweet time and went up the viewing tower to check the views from above. The morning breeze really feels soothing and refreshing when you're up there actually. Since I brought my camera, so I took some pictures of the newly constructed blue colored stalls from the top of the viewing tower. Noticed it from afar so that's partly the reason why I stopped to check it out. There's a bigger structure being constructed in between the stalls actually and it looked something like a big market or maybe a big hall. Will take picture of it maybe on my next trip back home. What strucked me at that time is the construction of these new stalls and possible a new market place that would really means a lot to the people of Pekan Nabalu for them to sell their agriculture and handy craft products to earn their living. I remembered in the past, there were only a few stalls being constructed by the villagers themselves and seeing from the signage being posted on each of the new stalls, most likely this new project are being implemented by the local council to further develop the area into a tourist attraction. Good for the people of Pekan Nabalu.


The Viewing Tower with the big pineapple replica,
the village's main agriculture product, next to it.
(boleh gayat juga or naik ni tower)

The new stalls next to the shop lots area.
(masih kosong lagi, baru siap mangkali)

The new stalls and toilet next to the existing stalls.
(start operation oledi, next time mau rasmi juga tu tandas baru)



No comments: