2008-11-05

Ceiling Design # 1 : Berjaya Times Square KL




Continuing on my post on my recent my trip to KL, I was 'jalan-jalan' at Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur at night with my brother and found these interesting ceiling designs :


OVAL ROUND

One of the most commonly found ceiling design that you can find around in any big complexes nowadays. Typical round cove lighting treatment on the columns top as well and it fits perfectly with the round shape columns. This one reminds me of the UFO space ship sometimes or simply a big glowing egg. Next to it is something like a 'steps' ceiling design.


STARS

Found this one while I was at the lobby area at lower ground floor level. It's located just above the ATM machines booth ( notice the maybank signage at the bottom there). Really liked this one due to its intricate layering and the lighting effects it created. Fantastic!!


STRIPES

I think I saw this one just near the place where I found the oval round ceiling. Would have been great if its lighting were working as well as the effects would have been interesting to see. As it is, it looked pale but I like its dynamic pattern.

In case you are wondering, all these ceiling are made using fibre plastered ceiling board. It's a flexible material, easy to cut and modify to any kind of shape or design that you want. Good reference.

No comments: